Air-Fried Steak of Fish
Air-Fried Steak of Fish
We find the Val Cucine Air Fryer can produce amazing seafood recipes.
To air-fry fish is an easy preparation, quick, delicious & nutritious meals with very little mess to clean up afterward. We are using a halibut steak in this dish, but you can also use snapper, cod, trout or salmon with equally amazing results.
We recommend using a piece of aluminum foil to line the “air-fry basket” with a piece of parchment paper on top so the air can circulate freely during the cooking process.
You can also use a variety of vegetables to cook along with the fish at the same time, sliced fennel, onion or potato to place under the fish and to lift the fish off the parchment paper &to prevent sticking.
Cover with thin slices of lemon on top to prevent the fish from drying out produces amazing results. Add some heirloom tomato, sprinkled with a little olive oil, coarse sea salt & freshly-grind black pepper and a tiny amount of sugar, to provide umami and acidity to accompany the fish and much needed daily vitamins. This is a simple but delicious dish to make.
To cook fish with skin on, especially deep-water fish such as cod or halibut you gain healthy Omega-3 vitamins in daily diet. This is an easy recipe to make in the Val Cucine Air Fryer.
- One piece of fish steak (soft flesh preferred), skin on, about 8-10oz
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- ½ lemon, sliced to 1/8-inch in thickness
- ½ teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A stem of heirloom tomato
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Fresh thyme
- Set “air fry” function to “A4”; set temperature to 325F; set timer to 7-8 minutes; place cooking basket in the middle of the air fryer when cooking; preheat the air fryer;
- Clean a piece fish steak, white fleshed and softer fleshed fish, such as halibut or cod are preferred for this dish. You may also use salmon or trout or sea bass, the air-fry time can be adjusted according to thickness of fish;
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the air-fry basket;
- On a piece of parchment paper, place the lemon slices on the paper;
- Then place the fish on top of the lemon slices;
- Set the fish steak on top of the lemon slices;
- Drizzle olive oil on the fish, then sprigs of fresh thyme;
- Set a stem of heirloom tomato (about 3-4 pieces,) on the side of the fish;
- Too drizzle some olive oil over the tomato, sprinkle some sugar and salt over the tomatoes. Make sure you do not over-cook the fish steak;
- When the fish is cooked, remove the fish and the tomato onto a plate;
- Drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice over top of the fish; adjust with coarse sea salt and black pepper, and serve immediately;
- You may add some steamed potato or crispy fried baguette or country bread or, a simple salad to accompany this meal;
- A glass of crispy white wine with this meal would be ideal.